Jamun Fruit comes from evergreen tropical tree. This fruit is also known as Jambul, Portuguese Plum, Jaam Kalojaam, Nerale Plum, Duhat Plum, Java Plum and Neredupandu. They are found in many places around the world and some places are USA Florida, Afghanistan, Indonesia, Nepal, Bangladesh, Brazil, Tobago, Myanmar and Suriname.
Jamun is a sweet & sour in taste. Jamun is very effective in many diseases. Jamun contains chemicals and antioxidant properties. Jamun contains these nutrients:
- Vitamin B1
- Vitamin B2
- Vitamin B3
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin C
Health benefits of Jamun:
- Jamun seeds are best remedy to treat acne. Some cow milk and Jamun seeds mixture paste is very effective in acne problems. Apply this paste on your pimple before going bed and wash it in the next morning. Result will only show in some time.
- Two grams of dried seeds powder will reduce polyuria of any cause.
- Jamun is very effective for digestion disorders including gas, bowel spams and stomach problems.
- Dried seeds powder three times in a day helps to maintain the level of blood sugar. Boil 250 gram of the fruit in 500 ml water till they are soft, after that crush the fruit in the water. Strain and drink 3 times daily. This process helps to control the blood sugar. 200 gram Jamun intake is very effective for the blood sugar patients.
- Regular intake Jamun fruits are very useful for those patients who suffering from type problem of haemorrhoids.
- Jamun is very good for these who suffering from the problems of bleeding, gums and infections. Jamun tree bark powder, mix this with your daily use toothpaste it helps you to treat the problems of gums and infection.
- Jamun Juice is very effective to stop the vomiting.
- 100 gm Jamun contains the 55 mg of potassium. Potassium helps to control the level of blood pressure. So it is beneficial to diseases like heart, blood pressure and stroke.
- Chewing and eating of Jamun leaves are very good for the patients of diarrhea and ulcers.
- Jamun contains the iron and iron helps to purify the blood.
- Jamun contains the antioxidant properties which help to reduce the risk of cancer.
- Vitamin C in Jamun helps to clear the skin and Vitamin A helps to maintain the health of eyes.
- Eat Jamun after meals.
- For those who have swelling on the body, women after just delivered DO NOT consume it.
- Do not drink milk after eating Jamun.
- Empty stomach should be avoided.
- Always sprinkle rock salt before consuming Jamun.
Jamun does not cure diabetes. It helps to control the blood sugar level. Diabetes can be controlled by only eating a proper diet and living a healthy lifestyle.